Welcome to Town of Bedrock, the personal website of Karen and Jerry. If you don't know who Karen and Jerry are, then this site probably doesn't mean much to you. There isn't any content yet, but there may be some soon. Enjoy!
11 Year Old Scout Materials
- 11 Year Old Scout Theme Plan - This is a work in progress theme/meeting breakdown. The first few months have my additions and the rest are from the original document.
- Animal Tracks - This was a handout that I used when teaching animal track identification.
- Aviation Merit Badge - A fairly complete document containing all of the information you need for teaching the Aviation merit badge.
- CPR Steps - This is a handout that I used for teaching CPR.
- Firem'n Chit Test - This is a test to be used when teaching fire safety.
- First Year - First Class Program - This document outlines meeting plans that cover all of the requirements for getting to First Class. It may miss a couple of things, but it's good for ideas. I added a couple of things, but this is mostly the original document.
- Map Symbols - This is a test/handout that I used for teaching map reading.
- Maps - Contour Lines - This is a handout I used when teaching about contour lines.
- Patrol Emblems - This is a handout of all of the pre-existing patrol names/patches. This is useful when selecting patrol names.
- Plant and animal identification - This is a handout I used as part of teaching plant and animal identification.
- Poison Plant Test - This is a test that I created as part of teaching about poisonous plants.
- Scout Badge - This is a handout I used when teaching about the parts of the Scout badge. See the Scout handbook for details about what the different parts are.
- Scout≠ Skits - A collection of skit ideas for use at campfire programs.
- Scout≠ Songs - This is a collection of Scout songs that I put together. We used to sing a different song at the beginning of each meeting.
- Trail to First Class Requirements Tracking - This is a spreadsheet I created to track the boys' completion of requirements.
- Uniform Guide - A diagram showing patch placement on a Scout uniform.
- Woggle Neckerchief Slide - Instructions for creating a neckerchief slide out of a short bit of rope. I made one for each of my Scouts in my last group and they thought it was really cool. It became our official patrol neckerchief slide.